Gym Operation Changes:
1. Pre-screening and access to the gym
- We ask all coaches and athletes to complete an online BC Self-Assessment check before every visit to our gym: https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en
- Anyone who has had symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 10 days, including fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, and new muscle aches or headache.
- Anyone directed by Public Health to self-isolate.
- If you are living with someone or have come in contact with anyone who has tested positive for Covid-19 or waiting on test results, please rebook.
- Anyone who has arrived from outside of Canada within 14 days.
- No drop-in visitors are currently allowed.
- No kids and no pets in class at this time.
2. Schedule and class sizes
- All athletes are required to reserve a spot in advance. Multiple online options are available to see the available schedule and reserve.
- The current limit is 14 reservable stations 10 ft x 10 ft, schedule and availability for the coming week will be published on Saturdays at 7 pm. Total space is approx 4,500 sq.ft. with over 25ft high ceilings.
- We will not be accepting visitor drop-ins at this time.
3. Space use, layout and class flow
- Please come dressed in your work out clothes with your own water.
- Every registered athlete will be assigned a designated and clearly marked workout spot. Athletes can only exercise within the boundaries of their assigned spot, placed approximately 12ft apart.
- Coaches will not enter athletes box unless it’s an emergency.
- The gym’s computer will only be used by coaches, they will enter your scores after each class or you can enter in the Wodify app yourself.
- The floor is marked for coaches pathways and setup flow for running outside to ensure a 2m distance rule is maintained at all times.
- CO2 monitors have been installed throughout the gym to monitor the levels of airflow and ventilation.
4. Format of classes
- No group classes at the moment
- All individual workouts should be kept “Low Intensity” until guidelines have been provided to return to the “High-Intensity” format. Low intensity means that high levels of respiratory rate are not maintained.
- Cardio equipment is currently off-limits.
- High-intensity workouts will only be permitted in 1-1 personal training sessions.
- There will always be 15-30 minutes between class sessions to allow for airflow.
- Music will not be played at a level that would require people to need to raise their voices to speak.
- No equipment or space sharing, unless athletes are members of the same household.
- Athletes will be able to take supplemental equipment or weights via designated pathways one at a time and wearing a mask.
- Rope climbs are not available for the time being.
- Shared chalk buckets have been removed. If you are a regular chalk user, we will provide you with a personal chalk bag.
6. Facilities and common areas
- Individual 1-person bathrooms and showers are available, you are required to use disinfectant wipes before and after use for bathroom door handles, water taps & shower handles.
- Community area chairs, desk, water cooler and coffee machine have been removed.
- No congregating before or after class at the entry area
7. Cleaning and disinfection
We have purchased cleaning solutions that are approved by Health Canada to be effective against COVID-19, which includes hand sanitiser, floor cleaning solution and spray equipment disinfectant. These products are also eco-friendly and as odourless as possible.
- Clean individual wipes and disinfectant spray bottles are placed in clearly marked locations.
- Athletes are required to clean and disinfect all equipment and weights used after the session.
Between every session Coaches are required to:
- Supervise athletes cleaning their equipment
- Clean the gym floor
- Wipe all high-touch areas: bathroom door handles, main door handle, water taps and toilet flush lever, light switches in the bathroom and wipe personal belongings shelf
Closing Coach is required to ensure the floor is machine washed and all spray bottles are re-filled according to our disinfectant ratios and instructions. Coaches daily checklist is provided and posted in a visible location.
8. Using Masks
Athletes & Coaches – masks are now mandatory in all gym areas.