Gym Operation Changes:
1. Pre-screening and access to the gym
- Anyone who has had symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 10 days, including fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, and new muscle aches or headache.
- Anyone directed by Public Health to self-isolate.
- If you are living with someone or have come in contact with anyone who has tested positive for Covid-19 or waiting on test results, please rebook.
2. Schedule and class sizes
- All athletes are required to reserve a spot in advance. Multiple online options are available to see the available schedule and reserve.
3. Space use, layout and class flow
- Every registered athlete will be assigned a designated and clearly marked workout spot. Athletes can only exercise within the boundaries of their assigned spot, placed approximately 12ft apart.
- The gym’s computer will only be used by coaches, they will enter your scores after each class or you can enter in the Wodify app yourself.
- The floor is marked for coaches pathways and setup flow for running outside to ensure a 2m distance rule is maintained at all times.
- CO2 monitors have been installed throughout the gym to monitor the levels of airflow and ventilation.
4. Format of classes
- As per latest PHO guidelines, we are operating regular classes.
- No equipment or space sharing, unless athletes are members of the same household.
- Rope climbs are not available for the time being.
- Shared chalk buckets have been removed. If you are a regular chalk user, we will provide you with a personal chalk bag.
6. Facilities and common areas
- Individual 1-person bathrooms and showers are available, you are required to use disinfectant wipes before and after use for bathroom door handles, water taps & shower handles.
- Community area chairs, desk, water cooler and coffee machine have been removed.
7. Cleaning and disinfection
We have purchased cleaning solutions that are approved by Health Canada to be effective against COVID-19, which includes hand sanitiser, floor cleaning solution and spray equipment disinfectant. These products are also eco-friendly and as odourless as possible.
- Clean individual wipes and disinfectant spray bottles are placed in clearly marked locations.
- Athletes are required to clean and disinfect equipment and rig used after the session.
Closing Coach is required to ensure the floor is machine washed and all spray bottles are re-filled according to our disinfectant ratios and instructions. Coaches daily checklist is provided and posted in a visible location.
8. Using Masks
Athletes & Coaches – masks are not required.